Stage 1: GETTING AGAINTED (August 24 - September 5)
TASK 1: Meeting the project partners: teachers and students from different districts of Moldova.
Stage 2: TEAM PRESENTATION (September 6 - September 11)
TASK 2: Thinking of a name and a logo of the team. Drawing a poster of the team, taking a picture of the team with the poster and posting it in the project group.
Here is our team's poster
Our team poster consists of a lot of elements. As it was created to introduce our team we selected and posted on it all the elements that represent us: our origin, location, intention. In the middle of the poster you can see the map of our district - Calarasi. Around it there some question signs that represent the name of our team – "Y-Nots". In the center above the emblem of institution is placed – The Theoretical Lyceum “Vasile Alecsandri” and in the corners of the poster the flag and the coat of arms belonging to our district are situated. In the center bellow appears the name of the project organizer that offered us the chance to be a part of it - iEarn Moldova. Thank you for this great oportunity!
Stage 3: Creating a GROUP SCRAPBOOK entitled "HOW WE CAN SAVE THE WORLD" (September 12 - September 30)
TASK 3: Watching the Global Youth Service Day video library, choosing the most interesting videos and writing a paragraph about them.
Dear students, post your paragraphs as a comment HERE.
Creating a group scrapbook entitled "HOW WE CAN SAVE THE WORLD" using pictures, photographs, quotes, colored paper and the ideas from the videos and the Lazy Person's Guide to Saving the World.
Dear students, there are some TIPs that you may use to make your scrapbook page more atractive bellow.
Stage 4: PARTNERSHIP COLLABORATION (October 1 - October 28)
TASK 4: Sending the scrapbook to the partner school by post, together with an introductory letter written by the students. Taking a few pictures from the scrapbook and the letter recieved from the partner team. Writing a list of 10 questions based on the recieved scrapbook and the letter for a discussion through an online meeting via Skype, Google Hangouts or Zoom.
1. On October 15th we mailed our scrapbook to our partners - the team "The Power of the Girls" from George Calinescu Lyceum, Chisinau.
2. On the 20th of October we received our partners' scrapbook and letter.
3. We took some time to read the letter, examine the scrapbook and ask the ten questions for the online session.
THE LIST OF QUESTIONS WE HAVE PREPARED FOR THE ONLINE SESSION
1) Why did you choose to name your team “The power of the girls”?
2) What are your special powers?
3) What is the most important environmental problem in our country, in your opinion?
4) What do you do in order to solve this problem?
5) Are there special bins for plastic, glass, metal and paper everywhere in your city?
6) Does sorting the garbage work?
7) How do you think what ways of saving the world are the most efficient ones?
8) Can you name a rule which each of you always respect?
9) What did you like about our scrapbook?
10) What new things did you learn from this project?
4. On the 25th of October we had the online session with our project partners. It was exciting to meet each other and to discuss about environmental problems of our country, to express the opinions about the scrapbooks and to share our impressions about the experience of participation in this project .
TASK 5: Planning a service learning activity which will address a UN sustainable development goal.
On Thursday, October 25th, we planned to organize a Charity Fair called "Golden Autumn" in our institution, addressed the UN goals # 1 No poverty and # 2 Zero hunger. The collected money were going to be donated as necessary goods to the students of our lyceum that are orphans or come from needy families.
On the set day, we organized the“Golden Autumn” Charity Fair in our institution. We brought cookies, cakes, pies, drinks, fruits and sweets for sale. We fed the pupils from needy families and collected money for the donation to the orphan children and those who come from needy families studying in our lyceum.
Stage 6: Creation of a VIDEO JOURNAL (October 15 - November 10)
TASK 6: Creating a VIDEO JOURNAL using one of these tools or any other preferable one: PowToon, Animoto, PhotoPeach, UtellStory, Windows Movie Maker, Photo Story for Windows, the pictures of the most interesting moments taken and the short videos recorded by students during all the activities along the project stages, the storyboard created in order to reveal the steps of the project implementation.
Stage 7: THE SECOND ONLINE SESSION DEDICATED TO THE DISCUSSION OF THE VIDEO JOURNAL (November 10 - November 15)
TASK 7: Visiting the project web page and watching the video journal created by our partner school, organizing a discusson based on the video and writing down some questions,estabilishing a second online session with the partner school to discuss the video journals and express the oppinions about the partners' video journal.
THE LIST OF QUESTIONS WE HAVE PREPARED FOR
THE SECOND ONLINE SESSION
Stage 8: VIDEO JOURNAL CONTEST (November 10 - November 16)
TASK 8: Watching all the videos posted by the schools involved in the national project and make a TOP of the best 3 videos.
TOP 3 of Video Journals created in the National Project
of our team is:
1. George Calinescu Lyceum, Chisinau - "The Power Of The Girls" team (9th grade), Teacher: Ana Leah – A great activity, well-structured, detalied video journal, a wonderful feed-back.
2. "Green Angels" Team(9th-10th grades), Balti, Teacher: Angela Stefanco – A very educative video journal. Great idea!
3. ”Ion Creanga” Lyceum Rezina - ”Hai, Moldova, hai Cuizauca” Team (9th grade), Teacher: Violeta Cozonac – The most ingenious idea: to replace the plastic bags with the hand-made fabric ones.