A day in my life - holidays
TOPIC: Happy Holidays
MAIN SKILL FOCUS: speaking, listening, writing and reading
Communicative Competence - Recieving and Producing oral messages
Communicative Competence - Recieving and Producing written messages
1.1. Identifying the general (global) meaning of an oral message, presented clearly and at an average speed.
2.1. Asking for and using information about people and activities related to the students' immediate environment.
7. Cooperating with classmates to fulfill some study activities, showing responsibility, respect and tolerance in the course of communication.
3.1. Identifying the type of a text.
3.3. Extracting the main ideas from an unknown text.
3.5. Selecting ideas from a text and arranging them into an appropriate scheme.
4.1. Asking for and giving personal information.
3. Drawing pictures and collages in the course of the study activities.
7. Employing non-verbal means of communication - body movements, facial expressions and actions - through active games.
To understand the meaning of an oral message;
To speak about their favourite holiday using Voki;
To read the text demonstrating its understanding;
To compare traditions conected with a holiday in their native country and in an English speaking one.
ONLINE MATERIALS AND RESOURCES: Voki, Wordle, Tagul, Padlet, online dictionaries.
dear Students, it's winter. it's the season that brings the most beautiful holidays.
Listen to Santa's Reindeer and follow his instructions.
How to use Voki? Learn HERE!
As you create a Voki audio, post your link as an answer to this task at comments HERE.
TASK 2 - READING
Read the text CHRISTMAS IN GREAT BRITAIN (find it on the poster bellow, click on it to enlarge it) and select the words connected CHRISTMAS topic. Use the words to create your own Word Cloud with Tagul.
Watch the video and learn how to create a Word Cloud with Targul.
Post your link as an answer to this task at comments HERE.
A. Complete the sentences with the right word:
1. On Christmas British people celebrate the _______ of Jesus Christ.
2. Each family has a __________ ___________in their house for Christmas.
3. The most famous Christmas lights in Great Britain are in ________ ___________ in London.
4. A ________ person often switches them on.
5. British children believe in ____________ ________________.
B. Compare Christmas celebration in Great Britain with Christmas celebration in Moldova. Find 2 similarities and 2 differences. Use the information from the text.
C. Answer the questions:
1. When do English people celebrate Christmas?
2. Who brought Christmas tree to England?
3. When do they decorate the Christmas tree?
4. Where do English children find their presents?
5. Who brings the presents?